Hire of West Wratting Village Hall
- The Trustees retain the right to refuse any application for the hire of the hall. No sub-letting is allowed.
- The appropriate hiring fee must be paid in advance, or as otherwise agreed. A deposit may be required with each booking, against cancellation, damage, or misuse. The Trustees reserve the right to alter charges at any time.
- Persons under 21 years of age cannot make bookings. A responsible adult is required in the case of parties for children and young persons under the age of 18 years and must remain on the premises throughout the event.
- The hirer is responsible for:
The proper and orderly use of the hall
The full cost of repair/replacement of anything damaged or lost.
- Any damage, breakage, loss or defect must be demonstrated to the Booking Officer as soon as possible.
- The hirer uses the hall at his or her own risk. The hirer is to take out their own insurance to cover any personal injury or damage to their property if it would be deemed to be reasonable and prudent to do so. The Trustees cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any property of the hirer.
- Nothing is to be affixed to the walls, ceiling or any other surface without prior approval of the bookings Officer
- The premises must be vacated by midnight with the exception of Christmas and New Year’s Eves when they must be vacated by 2.00 am.
- All music, amplified or not, must be kept at a reasonable level throughout the hire so as not to cause a disturbance. A District Council sound control is installed. The hirer is responsible for making random checks outside the premises to ensure a disturbance is not being caused.
- All doors and windows must be kept closed during any noisy event, except for access and egress.
Internet access via Wi-Fi, TV Content
There is free access to the Internet via Wi-Fi. All users of this service must ensure that, when applicable, they hold their own TV License,please see https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/ for more information. The Hall does not have a TV License.
On leaving the hall
- See Insurance notice by main door
- The hirer is responsible for leaving the hall clean and tidy and for reporting any damage or problems as soon as possible.
- All rubbish must be placed in the appropriate bins outside the back door.
- All furniture must be replaced in its correct position on stage (or as otherwise agreed). Chairs and tables must not be dragged across the hall floor.
- The hirer must ensure users leave in a quiet and orderly fashion so as not to cause disturbance
- All fire exits must remain free from obstruction
- All exit doors must remain unlocked during events
- The maximum number of people permitted in the hall is 100 or as agreed
- Any electrical equipment brought into the hall must conform with current regulations and must be approved by the Booking Officer
Sale of alcohol
- Alcohol may only be sold in accordance with the Premises Licence or a valid Temporary Event Notice if the days and function times fall outside the scope of the Premises Licence.
- Any Temporary Event Notices must be agreed by the Trustees and the original notice must be presented to the booking Officer, as proof, at least five days prior to the event.
- West Wratting Village Hall Committee will follow the principles set out in its Vulnerable adult and child protection policy, a copy of which can be seen online or supplied as hard copy.
- We will need to be satisfied that any organisation hiring out the hall for ‘regulated activities’ has the necessary checks and registrations in place. ‘Regulated activities’ are those activities which involve contact with children or vulnerable adults, on a frequent and/or overnight basis. These could be paid or voluntary activities and will include all childcare providers, youth groups etc.
- When hiring out the hall to organisations working with children, we will need to be satisfied that the hirer/day-care provider has the relevant policies and procedures and checks in place for keeping children safe. Anyone having unsupervised contact with children should have had the appropriate checks ie an enhanced CRB check and from November 2010, ISA registration status for all new employees.