Neighbourhood Policing

You can learn who is on your Linton Neighbourhood Policing Team here.  Click e-cops to subscribe to their e-mail alerts.

Callers should use 101 to report less urgent crime or disorder, to contact the police with a general enquiry or to speak to a local officer.  For example:

  • If a car has been stolen
  • If property has been damaged
  • Where there is suspicion of drug use or dealing
  • To report a minor traffic collision
  • To give information about crime in an area
  • To speak to a local officer.

101 will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The system will identify where you are calling from and connect you with the local police for that area.

If the incident is recognised as an emergency, the operator or police call handler will put the caller through to 999.

In an emergency always call 999 – for example, when an immediate response is needed because a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby or someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.

The public should continue to call their local council for things like:

  • Reporting graffiti
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Dumping and fly tipping
  • Vandalism